Secure IE maximizes security and protects your computer from hackers
and other dangerous threats. It protects your computer at the main point of external
contact - your web browser - and tightly restricts what websites can and cannot do
to you. Secure IE closes an important potential security hole by specifically
addressing malicious behavior from websites.
- New! Features a great new interface!
- New! Features Comprehensive Security with the
Internet Security Manager - which
automatically detects and configures your computer's Internet security
settings. You can also easily categorize and organize sites based on how
much you trust them.
- New! Secure IE Browser Shield
- Secure IE's Browser Shield filters out
prohibited ActiveX Controls and other security risks.
- New! AutoUpdate
- Secure IE automatically downloads security updates from Winferno Software
every 7 days.
- New! Built in Access to Search Engines and Web
Services - Secure IE 2004 now features a
built in search box that automatically connects to popular search engines
such as Google, Yahoo, Dictionary.com, etc.
- New! Zone Based Popup Blocking
- Secure IE automatically exempts Trusted Sites
from popup blocking.
- Blocks Active X
- In one click block Active X from all but trusted
sites. Some sites will use Active X to download malicious files onto your PC
- without your knowledge!
- One click access to Security Zones
- In one click classify a site as Trusted or
- Intercept Malicious File Downloads
- Secure IE intercepts all file downloads and
virus-scans all downloads (requires McAfee VirusScan or Norton Anti-Virus)
- Block Popup ads and Flash
- Turn these features on or off with one click.